So where are we?
Ah yes. The tally so far this Spring of goods obtained for no more than the price of observation, diligence, and a trip to pick them up….
- Six 80 lb. bags of concrete, for footings for a deck. Est. value: $25
- Used pressure treated decking, for sheating on sugar shack. Est. value: $500
- Various and sundry dimensional lumber scraps, for chicken coop, sugar shack and other unforseen projects. Est. value: unknown
- Used Geodeck composite decking, for a deck. Est. value: $600
- Four used 12 foot long 3.5″x11″ beams, for a deck. Est. value: unknown
- Used push reel mower, needs slight adjustment, for kids to cut the grass. Est. value: $100
- Twelve 60 gallon construction bags full of used 3.5″ kraft faced fiberglass insulation, for insulating the walls. Est. value: unknown, but in the hundreds
- Used Blue Rhine brand tabletop propane grill, for the grilling of delicious pig, cow and poultry. Est. value: $50
- Borrowed use of a chipper/shredder for an afternoon, to turn much yard waste into mulch. Est. value: $100
And the summer hasn’t even started.
Damn. I need to start building some stuff.